When I interview leading ephemera collectors, I always ask them about the resources they use to build and manage their collections. Over the years, collectors have mentioned dozens of resources and hundreds of books that they believe are essential. Since you probably don't have time to read ALL of the wonderful interviews I have archived in my "interview" category, I've culled through them for you and created this list of eight essential resources for ephemera collectors.
- eBay . Without a doubt this site is mentioned most as being the best source for finding ephemera.
- AbeBooks. Almost all of the books mentioned by collectors in the interviews I've conducted can be found on this popular book site.
- The Ephemera Society of America. This is the premiere organization for ephemera collectors in the United States.
- Light Impressions. When it comes to photo and archival supplies, this site has been mentioned more than any other.
- Heritage Auction Galleries. If you can't find it on eBay, it might be selling here.
- Antiques and the Arts Weekly. A venerable industry magazine.
- The Practical Archivist. This blog is a treasure trove of information about preserving old paper.